Pakistan visit fruitful, says Krishna
Lahore: Indian Foreign Minister SM Krishna on Sunday described his three-day visit to Pakistan as "fruitful".
Talking to the media after arriving at Allama Iqbal International Airport for a day-long visit to Lahore, Krishna said that he and his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar had signed pacts on visa liberalization and cultural promotion, which would help promote bilateral ties.
He arrived in this capital of the Punjab province in the last leg of his visit that began Friday.
Krishna said that dialogue between the Indian and Pakistani leadership would be fruitful as Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the people of India wanted peaceful relations with Pakistan, reported a TV channel.
He said that peaceful ties between between the neighbouring countries would be helpful for the prosperity of the region.
Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal was present.
The minister arrived in Lahore from Islamabad where he met his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar Saturday. An agreement on a liberalised visa regima was signed by him and Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
The Indian External Affairs Minister, who reached Islamabad Friday, flies back to India Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog