Pakistan waging a "proxy war" against India, alleges Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Thursday said it is futile to hold talks with Pakistan while alleging that it has become a "rogue nation" by waging a proxy war against India.
"The politics of vote bank and appeasement are harmful to the country. Pakistan has become a rogue nation. It is trying to hurt our country economically by creating internal troubles. It is carrying out a proxy war for this," Naidu alleged.
"It is suicidal to have talks with Pakistan in these circumstances," he said while speaking at the Independence Day celebrations at the state BJP headquarters here.
Heavily armed men led by Pakistani troops had entered into the Indian territory in the Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir earlier this month and ambushed a patrol, killing five Indian soldiers.
The ruling Congress is mired in corruption and it has taken to pseudo-secularism to emerge out of the mess, Naidu alleged.
The nation marched ahead on the path of progress when NDA under the leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee was in power, but the UPA`s inefficient rule and improper policies have thrown the country into an economic crisis, he claimed.
"The ruling party is playing dramas in the name of division of the state. Congress says in Telangana that we got the separate state, but in Andhra region, it says Telangana had to be given because of the pressure from other parties," a BJP release quoted him as saying.
Highlighting that dialogue is the way forward in a democracy to resolve any contentious issues, Naidu appealed to people from all regions to observe restraint in view of the charged atmosphere prevailing in the state.
Andhra Pradesh, which was ahead of others on the path of progress, is now lagging behind, he said.
Youth and right thinking people should enter public life at this juncture to cleanse politics, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok