Pakistani Army action highly provocative, inhuman: AK Antony
New Delhi/Kolkata: India on Wednesday described as “highly provocative” the action of the Pakistani Army soldiers to infiltrate into the Indian territory along the Line of Control and kill two jawans, one of them brutally.
"That it happened there is a reality. There is clear evidence to it. It is highly provocative action on the part of the Pakistan Army," Defence Minister AK Antony told reporters in Kolkata when his response was sought to Pakistan`s denial of its troops being involved in yesterday`s attack across the Line of Control(LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The way they treated the dead bodies of the Indian soldiers is inhuman," he added. One soldier was beheaded.
Earlier in the day, Antony said the attack by Pakistani troops was "highly provocative".
"Pakistan Army`s action is highly provocative. The way they treated the dead bodies of Indian soldiers is inhuman...We are closely following the situation," Antony told reporters in Delhi.
“Our DGMO will talk to his Pakistani counterpart,” he added.
Meanwhile, a statement issued by Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi said - Pakistan strongly rejects the Indian allegation of an attack across the LoC on its military patrol in which two Indian soldiers were claimed to have been killed. These are baseless and unfounded allegations.
The attack took place along the LoC in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the Army patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks - Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh - they also injured two other soldiers.
As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!