Pakistani Army action highly provocative, inhuman: AK Antony
New Delhi/Kolkata: India on Wednesday described as “highly provocative” the action of the Pakistani Army soldiers to infiltrate into the Indian territory along the Line of Control and kill two jawans, one of them brutally.
"That it happened there is a reality. There is clear evidence to it. It is highly provocative action on the part of the Pakistan Army," Defence Minister AK Antony told reporters in Kolkata when his response was sought to Pakistan`s denial of its troops being involved in yesterday`s attack across the Line of Control(LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The way they treated the dead bodies of the Indian soldiers is inhuman," he added. One soldier was beheaded.
Earlier in the day, Antony said the attack by Pakistani troops was "highly provocative".
"Pakistan Army`s action is highly provocative. The way they treated the dead bodies of Indian soldiers is inhuman...We are closely following the situation," Antony told reporters in Delhi.
“Our DGMO will talk to his Pakistani counterpart,” he added.
Meanwhile, a statement issued by Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi said - Pakistan strongly rejects the Indian allegation of an attack across the LoC on its military patrol in which two Indian soldiers were claimed to have been killed. These are baseless and unfounded allegations.
The attack took place along the LoC in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the Army patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks - Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh - they also injured two other soldiers.
As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days