Pakistani Army action highly provocative, inhuman: AK Antony
New Delhi/Kolkata: India on Wednesday described as “highly provocative” the action of the Pakistani Army soldiers to infiltrate into the Indian territory along the Line of Control and kill two jawans, one of them brutally.
"That it happened there is a reality. There is clear evidence to it. It is highly provocative action on the part of the Pakistan Army," Defence Minister AK Antony told reporters in Kolkata when his response was sought to Pakistan`s denial of its troops being involved in yesterday`s attack across the Line of Control(LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The way they treated the dead bodies of the Indian soldiers is inhuman," he added. One soldier was beheaded.
Earlier in the day, Antony said the attack by Pakistani troops was "highly provocative".
"Pakistan Army`s action is highly provocative. The way they treated the dead bodies of Indian soldiers is inhuman...We are closely following the situation," Antony told reporters in Delhi.
“Our DGMO will talk to his Pakistani counterpart,” he added.
Meanwhile, a statement issued by Pakistani High Commission in New Delhi said - Pakistan strongly rejects the Indian allegation of an attack across the LoC on its military patrol in which two Indian soldiers were claimed to have been killed. These are baseless and unfounded allegations.
The attack took place along the LoC in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into the Indian territory and assaulted the Army patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks - Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh - they also injured two other soldiers.
As per reports, the Pakistani troops beheaded one of the soldiers and carried his head away, but the same could not be confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical