Pakistani boat with 7 fishermen apprehended by CG
Jamnagar: A Pakistani boat with 7
fishermen on board was apprehended by the Indian Coast Guard
when it illegally entered Indian waters near Jakhau port along
Kutch coast, coast guard officials said Saturday.
"We intercepted a Pakistani boat near Jakhau yesterday
with 7 fishermen on board after it illegally strayed into
the Indian waters," Indian Coast Guard officials said.
The fishermen were brought to Okha of Jamnagar district
today by our coastal patrolling unit, they said.
Indian and Pakistani fishermen stray in each others
territorial waters while fishing.
Many Pakistani fishermen are caught by Indian security
agency every year and similarly Pakistani security agency also
apprehends several Indian fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand