`Pakistani, Indian MPs one on peace talks`
Islamabad: Qamar Zaman Kaira, who was part of a Pakistani parliamentary delegation to India, has said that lawmakers of both countries are "one on peace talks" and believe the dialogue process should continue.
He made the remarks to the media after the 20-member Pakistani delegation arrived at Lahore`s Allama Iqbal airport Saturday following their visit to India.
Regular talks between Pakistan and India was the only way to resolve all matters, including the issue of Kashmir, the Nation newspaper Sunday quoted him as saying.
Kaira said that people from both sides of the Pakistan-India border have realized that war was not the solution to solve the issues and the problems must be resolved through a constructive dialogue process.
The Pakistani delegation was back with a "goodwill gesture" from the Indian parliament and the people, said Kaira, the information secretary of the ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP). The delegation arrived in New Delhi on Aug 17 for talks over the next two days.
The delegation comprised Deputy Chairman of the Senate Jan Muhammad Jamali, Deputy Speaker National Assembly Fasail Karim Kundi and Qamar Zaman Kaira, among others.
Former Pakistani law minister SM Zafar and former Indian external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha co-chaired the dialogue of the parliamentarians.
The discussions included terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, sharing of water, role of media, removal of the trust deficit and developing a mechanism to carry forward the parliamentary dialogue process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP