Pakistani intruder shot dead at Tarn Taran
Amritsar: A Pakistani intruder was shot dead by BSF personnel at Khemkaran sector in Tarn Taran district near here and heroin worth Rs 50 crore was recovered from his possession.
"After a brief encounter last night with Pakistani intruders, during search, the dead body of an intruder, 10 kg heroin, a mobile phone loaded with Pakistani SIM and one German-made 30 mm calibre automatic loaded pistol were found on the spot," a BSF official said.
According to BSF official, a group of Pakistani intruders entered into Indian territory through the Khemkaran sector.
On being noticed by the BSF night patrolling party, the intruders were asked to stop but they kept on marching towards Indian side and fired gun shots on the BSF party.
BSF fired in retaliation whereupon three intruders managed to escape to Pakistan and one was shot dead on the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites