Pakistani intruder shot dead at Tarn Taran
Amritsar: A Pakistani intruder was shot dead by BSF personnel at Khemkaran sector in Tarn Taran district near here and heroin worth Rs 50 crore was recovered from his possession.
"After a brief encounter last night with Pakistani intruders, during search, the dead body of an intruder, 10 kg heroin, a mobile phone loaded with Pakistani SIM and one German-made 30 mm calibre automatic loaded pistol were found on the spot," a BSF official said.
According to BSF official, a group of Pakistani intruders entered into Indian territory through the Khemkaran sector.
On being noticed by the BSF night patrolling party, the intruders were asked to stop but they kept on marching towards Indian side and fired gun shots on the BSF party.
BSF fired in retaliation whereupon three intruders managed to escape to Pakistan and one was shot dead on the spot, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing