Pakistani intruder shot dead in Punjab
Batala: A Pakistani intruder was on Sunday killed by the BSF when he was trying to cross over to India in Dera Baba Nanak Sector along the Indo-Pak border.
The intruder was shot dead in an exchange of fire with personnel of the 74th battalion, DIG BSF P S Bains said.
He was illegally trying to sneak into Indian territory from the Pakistan side, Bains said, adding that he opened fire when he was challenged by Indian authorities.
A Chinese-make pistol, 8 cartridges and 3 phone SIMs of different Pakistani mobile companies were recovered from him, he said.
The identity of the intruder is yet to be ascertained.
Meanwhile, his body has been handed over to the Dera Baba Nanak police for postmortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`