Pakistani kills Indian doctor in UAE hospital
Dubai: Indian doctor Rajan Daniel`s throat was slit inside a hospital in Abu Dhabi by a Pakistani man who blamed him for his relative`s death, a media report said Saturday.
The Pakistani was armed with a big knife when he stormed the private hospital Thursday. He grabbed the Indian urologist and fatally stabbed him after the death of his relative, reported web site Emirates 24/7.
Daniel, who hails from Kerala, had been working in the hospital since 2007. He is survived by his wife Geeta George, who lived with him in the United Arab Emirates, and daughter Junu.
Sources at the Al Ahli Hospital said the man marched straight into the urology clinic and knifed the 58-year-old doctor before forcing him on his knees and slitting his throat.
Doctors and hospital employees rushed to the clinic but by then it was too late.
"He stormed into the clinic although nurses tried to prevent him… He then attacked the doctor and (killed) him like a sheep…
1. "The man then waited at the hospital until the police came and arrested him," a source was quoted as saying.
"The man appeared furious… He blamed the Indian doctor for his relative`s death and attacked him without giving him a chance to defend himself… It was a heinous crime."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says