Pakistani national arrested from Firozabad in UP
Firozabad: The Uttar Pradesh Police have arrested a Pakistani national, who according to them was living illegally in Firozabad district of the state for last one year.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Rakesh Singh, said on Tuesday that the arrested Pakistani national was being interrogated. He further said, "The government of Uttar Pradesh had asked him to leave one year back. He had been absconding since then and gone into hiding. Our intelligence team captured him and he is being interrogated. He will soon be deported to Pakistan."
The individual was living in Firozabad`s area of Katra under the name of Najamuddin, while he is known in Pakistan as Salim Akhtar. Police received information that a Pakistani national was living in Firozabad and immediately investigated the matter, which led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site