Pakistani national arrested from Firozabad in UP
Firozabad: The Uttar Pradesh Police have arrested a Pakistani national, who according to them was living illegally in Firozabad district of the state for last one year.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Rakesh Singh, said on Tuesday that the arrested Pakistani national was being interrogated. He further said, "The government of Uttar Pradesh had asked him to leave one year back. He had been absconding since then and gone into hiding. Our intelligence team captured him and he is being interrogated. He will soon be deported to Pakistan."
The individual was living in Firozabad`s area of Katra under the name of Najamuddin, while he is known in Pakistan as Salim Akhtar. Police received information that a Pakistani national was living in Firozabad and immediately investigated the matter, which led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam