Pakistani national arrested from Firozabad in UP
Firozabad: The Uttar Pradesh Police have arrested a Pakistani national, who according to them was living illegally in Firozabad district of the state for last one year.
The Superintendent of Police (SP), Rakesh Singh, said on Tuesday that the arrested Pakistani national was being interrogated. He further said, "The government of Uttar Pradesh had asked him to leave one year back. He had been absconding since then and gone into hiding. Our intelligence team captured him and he is being interrogated. He will soon be deported to Pakistan."
The individual was living in Firozabad`s area of Katra under the name of Najamuddin, while he is known in Pakistan as Salim Akhtar. Police received information that a Pakistani national was living in Firozabad and immediately investigated the matter, which led to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption