Pakistani people want peaceful relation with India: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Saturday said the people of Pakistan wanted a peaceful relation with India.
"The people of Pakistan want a good and peaceful relationship with India," Nitish Kumar told the media soon after he returned here after his week-long visit to Pakistan.
The chief minister said he urged India and Pakistan to put up a joint fight against poverty and hunger in his address at the Government College University in Lahore.
"It was a memorable experience for me," Nitish Kumar said, adding that he won`t be able to forget the love, affection and respect he received in Pakistan during his visit.
He said he was impressed by Pakistan`s effort to maintain the ancient ruins of Indus Valley Civilization and the Taxila university.
Nitish also praised Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, saying his recent visit to Pakistan would help improve relations between India and Pakistan and open new avenues for trade.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata