Pakistani prisoner hangs self in sub-jail
Banaskantha: A Pakistani prisoner on Friday allegedly ended his life by hanging himself inside the toilet of Radhanpur sub-jail in North Gujarat`s Patan district.
"The incident took place when Parbatsinh Amarsinh Koli (40) was taken out of the cell for bathing along with other prisoners," Radhanpur sub-jailor K L Desai said.
"Koli then headed towards toilet and hanged himself with the clothes he was wearing in the toilet," Desai said.
A native of Karai village in Nagarparkar taluka of the same district in Pakistan`s Sindh province, Koli was held by the Border Security Force from `pillar No 982` in Indian territory before being handed over to the state police in 2012.
"He was lodged at Santalpur police station as the place (pillar No 982) fell under the jurisdiction of Santalpur police station," Deputy Superintendent of Police G C Patel said.
He had escaped from the lock-up but was later re-arrested near Gotarka village in Radhanpur taluka of Patan district, Desai said.
"From January 20 this year, he has been lodged in Radhanpur sub-jail," he added.
When contacted, Patan Superintendent of Police (SP) Saurabh Tolambia confirmed that Koli had committed suicide but said that a panel of doctors has been asked to carry out the post-mortem to ascertain the exact cause of the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production