Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah continues to be critically sick
New Delhi: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay continued to be "critically sick" and in "deep coma", a statement issued by the Pakistan High Commission said Sunday.
Pakistani diplomats Sunday visited PGIMER (Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) where the comatose Pakistani prisoner is being treated after being attacked by a prisoner in a Jammu jail Friday.
"The officials were informed by a medical board that Sanaullah`s neurological status continues to be same as Saturday in deep coma and is on a ventilator. Hence he continues to be critically sick," the statement said.
Ranjay, lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner Friday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
The Pakistani was flown from Jammu to PGIMER for treatment.
The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof