Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah continues to be critically sick
New Delhi: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay continued to be "critically sick" and in "deep coma", a statement issued by the Pakistan High Commission said Sunday.
Pakistani diplomats Sunday visited PGIMER (Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) where the comatose Pakistani prisoner is being treated after being attacked by a prisoner in a Jammu jail Friday.
"The officials were informed by a medical board that Sanaullah`s neurological status continues to be same as Saturday in deep coma and is on a ventilator. Hence he continues to be critically sick," the statement said.
Ranjay, lodged in Jammu`s Kot Bhalwal Jail, was critically injured after being attacked by an Indian prisoner Friday, prompting Islamabad to demand his immediate release and repatriation.
The Pakistani was flown from Jammu to PGIMER for treatment.
The incident took place a day after Sarabjit Singh, an Indian prisoner in Pakistan, succumbed to grievous injuries sustained in a murderous assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh