Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened heavy gunfire on Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, Army sources said on Friday.
The troops fired at the Indian posts in Krishnaghati area of Mendhar in Poonch district, about 240 km north of Jammu, late Thursday, the sources said.
According to them, the gunfire was intense. After waiting for a while, the Indian side retaliated. The exchange of fire lasted for almost an hour.
"It was a clear violation of the ceasefire," an Army officer said.
The Indian and Pakistani armies had agreed to effect a ceasefire along the LoC, international border and along Actual Ground Position Line at Siachen glacier in November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside