Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened heavy gunfire on Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, Army sources said on Friday.
The troops fired at the Indian posts in Krishnaghati area of Mendhar in Poonch district, about 240 km north of Jammu, late Thursday, the sources said.
According to them, the gunfire was intense. After waiting for a while, the Indian side retaliated. The exchange of fire lasted for almost an hour.
"It was a clear violation of the ceasefire," an Army officer said.
The Indian and Pakistani armies had agreed to effect a ceasefire along the LoC, international border and along Actual Ground Position Line at Siachen glacier in November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America