Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened heavy gunfire on Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, Army sources said on Friday.
The troops fired at the Indian posts in Krishnaghati area of Mendhar in Poonch district, about 240 km north of Jammu, late Thursday, the sources said.
According to them, the gunfire was intense. After waiting for a while, the Indian side retaliated. The exchange of fire lasted for almost an hour.
"It was a clear violation of the ceasefire," an Army officer said.
The Indian and Pakistani armies had agreed to effect a ceasefire along the LoC, international border and along Actual Ground Position Line at Siachen glacier in November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000