Palestine President to visit India next week
New Delhi: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will visit India next week for talks with the country`s top leadership besides inking MoUs for cooperation in information and communications technology, vocational training and construction of schools in Palestine.
He will arrive here on September 11 and this would be his fourth visit to India and the second state visit.
He will be accompanied by a delegation comprising senior Ministers, including Saeb M S Erakat, PLO Executive Committee Member, and Nabil G O Aburudainah, the President`s Advisor.
The visit includes meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee, delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and meetings with Vice President Hamid Ansari and External Affairs Minister S M Krishna.
MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said India`s solidarity with Palestinian people and its support for Palestinian cause go back in time.
"India`s empathy with Palestinian cause and its friendship with the people of Palestine has become an integral part our foreign policy," he said.
Apart from strong political support to Palestinian cause at international, regional and bilateral levels, India has also been contributing material and technical assistance to Palestinian people.
During the present visit, both sides will sign MoUs for cooperation in ICT, vocational training and constructing schools in Palestine, he said.
Akbaruddin said the visit will also provide an opportunity for reviewing the entire gamut of bilateral relations, the Middle East peace process, regional and international issues of common concern and in particular the political turmoil in West Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'