Panel seeks suggestion on bill to amend anti-graft Act
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has sought suggestions from public on a bill aimed at punishing bribe givers and confiscating properties of corrupt public servants among other measures.
The Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2013 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on August 19 and referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice on August 23 for examination and to submit a report within three months.
In the public notice issued on Saturday, the parliamentary panel has asked individuals and organisations to send their memoranda giving suggestions or recommending changes.
The bill seeks to amend the Act to include the offence of passive bribery, its various aspects including solicitation and acceptance of bribe through intermediaries (private persons).
It intends to prosecute the bribe givers in the offence of consensual bribery. At present, no domestic law has provision to punish a bribe giver.
The bill also proposes to provide punishment for the offence relating to bribe given to a public servant by a commercial organisation and forfeiture of property of a corrupt public servant.
However, prior sanction of competent authority is proposed to safeguard the public servants from the vexatious prosecution after their retirement or remittance of office in the bona fide omission or commission in the discharge of their official duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!