Panel to determine contribution of secular parties: Bukhari
New Delhi: An eleven-member committee will determine the contribution of "secular" political parties for the upliftment of Muslim community ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Jama Masjid Shahi Imam Syed Bukhari said on Saturday.
In a meeting of 500 delegates convened here on Saturday, it was decided that a committee would be constituted which would assess the condition of Muslims in terms of employment, reservation and educational facilities across the country.
The eleven-member committee will also look to what extent the promises made by "secular parties" for development of the minority have been fulfilled in order to decide their next course of action in the upcoming Parliamentary elections.
Talking about the issue of Muzaffarnagar riots which was raised in the `Representative Convention of Muslims`, Bukhari said, "when SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said that Muzaffarnagar riots were a result of sectarian politics then why did the UP government not agree to a CBI inquiry?"
"The delegation considers it as a ploy to save the BJP and all other sectarian forces," he said.
Calling BJP and SP as two sides of the same coin, he said, "When BJP President Rajnath Singh fought elections, no candidate was fielded against him by SP. When Dimple Yadav stood for elections from Kannauj both Congress and BJP did not field a candidate against her."
"With no real alternative, the Muslim community must come together and emerge as a strong political force," he said.
The delegation also discussed how the Congress party has "bruised" the community and ruled out `absolute` support to the party in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
On being asked about extending support to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), he said it was on the agenda of their meeting and the community should not vote for the party.
"AAP has been vocal about corruption. But corruption does not divide the country, communal political does. We need parties to focus on rooting out communal forces," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof