Panel to shape Nehru`s birth anniversary year policies
New Delhi: A committee chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will lay down policies and guidelines for commemoration of the 125th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of independent India, in 2014.
"The government has decided to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru from November 14, 2014, to November 14, 2015," said a Culture Ministry official here on Wednesday.
The first meeting of the committee is likely to be convened shortly, which will constitute national implementation panel to monitor the projects and programmes during the year.
The Culture Ministry is the nodal ministry for carrying out activities related to commemoration.
Jawaharlal Nehru`s birth anniversary is observed every year as Children`s Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days