Panthers Party proposes Karan Singh for President
New Delhi: National Panthers Party on Wednesday proposed the name of senior Congress leader Karan Singh for Presidentship, saying he is the "tallest" among the names in circulation for the post.
Panthers Party chief Bhim Singh shot off letters seeking support for Karan Singh to top leaders of all parties, including Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, BJP leader L K Advani and CPI (M) General Secretary Prakash Karat.
In his letters, he said Karan Singh is the "most potential" personality with international understanding and recognition who "shall prove a unique ambassador of India to dilute international tension."
He said Karan Singh deserves consideration and he is acceptable to all sections of society.
In apparent reference to PA Sangma`s bid for Presidentship citing his tribal identity, Bhim Singh said the head of the state should not be identified with his colour, religion, region or caste.
He urged Left parties not to oppose Karan Singh because of his royal lineage.
He said he has already spoken to regional party leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mamata Banerjee and Chandrababu Naidu.
The Panthers Party had during a three-day camp in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur passed a resolution supporting the candidature of Karan Singh.
Panthers Party has four MLAs in Jammu and Kashmir Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM