Par committee scrutinising Lokpal extended
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee going into the Lokpal Bill has been given a month`s
extension till December 7.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari has granted the
extension to the committee headed by Abhishek Singhvi whose
term expired earlier this week.
Singhvi has only recently made it clear that the committee
will complete its work "soon".
The committee was given three months` time on August 8 to
examine the Lokpal Bill.
It was, however, not in operation for almost a month as
the term of the earlier committee ended and reconstitution
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
The Winter session of Parliament is commencing on
November 22 and will conclude on December 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends