Par committee scrutinising Lokpal extended
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee going into the Lokpal Bill has been given a month`s
extension till December 7.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari has granted the
extension to the committee headed by Abhishek Singhvi whose
term expired earlier this week.
Singhvi has only recently made it clear that the committee
will complete its work "soon".
The committee was given three months` time on August 8 to
examine the Lokpal Bill.
It was, however, not in operation for almost a month as
the term of the earlier committee ended and reconstitution
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
The Winter session of Parliament is commencing on
November 22 and will conclude on December 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM