Par committee scrutinising Lokpal extended
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee going into the Lokpal Bill has been given a month`s
extension till December 7.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari has granted the
extension to the committee headed by Abhishek Singhvi whose
term expired earlier this week.
Singhvi has only recently made it clear that the committee
will complete its work "soon".
The committee was given three months` time on August 8 to
examine the Lokpal Bill.
It was, however, not in operation for almost a month as
the term of the earlier committee ended and reconstitution
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
The Winter session of Parliament is commencing on
November 22 and will conclude on December 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title