Par delegation led by LS Speaker to pay three-day visit to Myanmar
New Delhi: A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will pay a three-day visit to Myanmar from tomorrow during which it will meet pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The delegation includes MPs Maneka Gandhi, Bhakta Charan Das, Semmalai and Joseph Toppo and Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Viswanathan.
During the visit, the delegation will call on President U Thein Sein and hold discussions with U Khin Aung Myint, Speaker, Amyotha Hluttaw (Upper House) and Thura U Shwe Mann, Speaker, Pyithu Hluttaw (Lower House) of Parliament of Myanmar.
The delegation will also hold a meeting with Suu Kyi, a Lok Sabha secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test