Par delegation led by LS Speaker to pay three-day visit to Myanmar
New Delhi: A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will pay a three-day visit to Myanmar from tomorrow during which it will meet pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The delegation includes MPs Maneka Gandhi, Bhakta Charan Das, Semmalai and Joseph Toppo and Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Viswanathan.
During the visit, the delegation will call on President U Thein Sein and hold discussions with U Khin Aung Myint, Speaker, Amyotha Hluttaw (Upper House) and Thura U Shwe Mann, Speaker, Pyithu Hluttaw (Lower House) of Parliament of Myanmar.
The delegation will also hold a meeting with Suu Kyi, a Lok Sabha secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy