Par delegation led by LS Speaker to pay three-day visit to Myanmar
New Delhi: A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will pay a three-day visit to Myanmar from tomorrow during which it will meet pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The delegation includes MPs Maneka Gandhi, Bhakta Charan Das, Semmalai and Joseph Toppo and Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Viswanathan.
During the visit, the delegation will call on President U Thein Sein and hold discussions with U Khin Aung Myint, Speaker, Amyotha Hluttaw (Upper House) and Thura U Shwe Mann, Speaker, Pyithu Hluttaw (Lower House) of Parliament of Myanmar.
The delegation will also hold a meeting with Suu Kyi, a Lok Sabha secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency