Par delegation led by LS Speaker to pay three-day visit to Myanmar
New Delhi: A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will pay a three-day visit to Myanmar from tomorrow during which it will meet pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The delegation includes MPs Maneka Gandhi, Bhakta Charan Das, Semmalai and Joseph Toppo and Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Viswanathan.
During the visit, the delegation will call on President U Thein Sein and hold discussions with U Khin Aung Myint, Speaker, Amyotha Hluttaw (Upper House) and Thura U Shwe Mann, Speaker, Pyithu Hluttaw (Lower House) of Parliament of Myanmar.
The delegation will also hold a meeting with Suu Kyi, a Lok Sabha secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB