Par delegation led by LS Speaker to pay three-day visit to Myanmar
New Delhi: A parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will pay a three-day visit to Myanmar from tomorrow during which it will meet pro-democracy leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
The delegation includes MPs Maneka Gandhi, Bhakta Charan Das, Semmalai and Joseph Toppo and Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Viswanathan.
During the visit, the delegation will call on President U Thein Sein and hold discussions with U Khin Aung Myint, Speaker, Amyotha Hluttaw (Upper House) and Thura U Shwe Mann, Speaker, Pyithu Hluttaw (Lower House) of Parliament of Myanmar.
The delegation will also hold a meeting with Suu Kyi, a Lok Sabha secretariat release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray