Par panel approves MPLAD funds for SC/STs on slums
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee on MPs
Local Area Development Scheme has recommended that MPLAD funds
earmarked for SC/ST areas may be utilised for slums or other
such deprived areas in towns and cities since housing was a
major problem there.
The Lok Sabha Committee on MPs Local Area Development
Scheme (2111-12) headed by A K S Vijayan, presented its
report to the Lok Sabha today on "Development of SC/ST areas
through MPLADS funds", recommended that MPLADS funds be
utilised according to the SC/ST population in constituencies.
Where there are difficulties in identifying definite
pockets of SCs and STs, construction of cluster of houses may
be permitted under the scheme in slums or other such deprived
areas, the Committee recommended in view of the fact of
housing being a major problem in slums.
The Committee also recommended that a database of
identified works be made available on the website of MPLADS by
nodal departments of states and district authorities in
identifying the works recommended under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi