Par panel approves MPLAD funds for SC/STs on slums
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee on MPs
Local Area Development Scheme has recommended that MPLAD funds
earmarked for SC/ST areas may be utilised for slums or other
such deprived areas in towns and cities since housing was a
major problem there.
The Lok Sabha Committee on MPs Local Area Development
Scheme (2111-12) headed by A K S Vijayan, presented its
report to the Lok Sabha today on "Development of SC/ST areas
through MPLADS funds", recommended that MPLADS funds be
utilised according to the SC/ST population in constituencies.
Where there are difficulties in identifying definite
pockets of SCs and STs, construction of cluster of houses may
be permitted under the scheme in slums or other such deprived
areas, the Committee recommended in view of the fact of
housing being a major problem in slums.
The Committee also recommended that a database of
identified works be made available on the website of MPLADS by
nodal departments of states and district authorities in
identifying the works recommended under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview