Par panel approves MPLAD funds for SC/STs on slums
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee on MPs
Local Area Development Scheme has recommended that MPLAD funds
earmarked for SC/ST areas may be utilised for slums or other
such deprived areas in towns and cities since housing was a
major problem there.
The Lok Sabha Committee on MPs Local Area Development
Scheme (2111-12) headed by A K S Vijayan, presented its
report to the Lok Sabha today on "Development of SC/ST areas
through MPLADS funds", recommended that MPLADS funds be
utilised according to the SC/ST population in constituencies.
Where there are difficulties in identifying definite
pockets of SCs and STs, construction of cluster of houses may
be permitted under the scheme in slums or other such deprived
areas, the Committee recommended in view of the fact of
housing being a major problem in slums.
The Committee also recommended that a database of
identified works be made available on the website of MPLADS by
nodal departments of states and district authorities in
identifying the works recommended under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened