Par panel approves MPLAD funds for SC/STs on slums
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee on MPs
Local Area Development Scheme has recommended that MPLAD funds
earmarked for SC/ST areas may be utilised for slums or other
such deprived areas in towns and cities since housing was a
major problem there.
The Lok Sabha Committee on MPs Local Area Development
Scheme (2111-12) headed by A K S Vijayan, presented its
report to the Lok Sabha today on "Development of SC/ST areas
through MPLADS funds", recommended that MPLADS funds be
utilised according to the SC/ST population in constituencies.
Where there are difficulties in identifying definite
pockets of SCs and STs, construction of cluster of houses may
be permitted under the scheme in slums or other such deprived
areas, the Committee recommended in view of the fact of
housing being a major problem in slums.
The Committee also recommended that a database of
identified works be made available on the website of MPLADS by
nodal departments of states and district authorities in
identifying the works recommended under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming