Par panel asks govt to get land transferred for Goa airport
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has
asked the Civil Aviation Ministry to expeditiously get the
land transferred for the expansion of Dabolim airport in Goa.
The Committee on Petitions was hearing Goan MP
Sardinha Francisco`s request on expansion and renovation of
It said it was "constrained" to know that the
ownership dispute between Goa and Navy over a piece of 2.52
acres of land was still unresolved.
The report also observed that there was lack of
"concerted and co-ordinated" efforts on part of all the
authorities concerned with the case.
The Committee said being the nodal agency, the Civil
Aviation Ministry should "pursue the matter vigorously" and in
right earnest with all the concerned authorities so that the
requisite land is transferred to Airports Authority of India
and the airport can be expanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption