Par panel asks govt to get land transferred for Goa airport
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has
asked the Civil Aviation Ministry to expeditiously get the
land transferred for the expansion of Dabolim airport in Goa.
The Committee on Petitions was hearing Goan MP
Sardinha Francisco`s request on expansion and renovation of
It said it was "constrained" to know that the
ownership dispute between Goa and Navy over a piece of 2.52
acres of land was still unresolved.
The report also observed that there was lack of
"concerted and co-ordinated" efforts on part of all the
authorities concerned with the case.
The Committee said being the nodal agency, the Civil
Aviation Ministry should "pursue the matter vigorously" and in
right earnest with all the concerned authorities so that the
requisite land is transferred to Airports Authority of India
and the airport can be expanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports