Par panel asks govt to get land transferred for Goa airport
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has
asked the Civil Aviation Ministry to expeditiously get the
land transferred for the expansion of Dabolim airport in Goa.
The Committee on Petitions was hearing Goan MP
Sardinha Francisco`s request on expansion and renovation of
It said it was "constrained" to know that the
ownership dispute between Goa and Navy over a piece of 2.52
acres of land was still unresolved.
The report also observed that there was lack of
"concerted and co-ordinated" efforts on part of all the
authorities concerned with the case.
The Committee said being the nodal agency, the Civil
Aviation Ministry should "pursue the matter vigorously" and in
right earnest with all the concerned authorities so that the
requisite land is transferred to Airports Authority of India
and the airport can be expanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics