Par panel asks govt to get land transferred for Goa airport
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has
asked the Civil Aviation Ministry to expeditiously get the
land transferred for the expansion of Dabolim airport in Goa.
The Committee on Petitions was hearing Goan MP
Sardinha Francisco`s request on expansion and renovation of
It said it was "constrained" to know that the
ownership dispute between Goa and Navy over a piece of 2.52
acres of land was still unresolved.
The report also observed that there was lack of
"concerted and co-ordinated" efforts on part of all the
authorities concerned with the case.
The Committee said being the nodal agency, the Civil
Aviation Ministry should "pursue the matter vigorously" and in
right earnest with all the concerned authorities so that the
requisite land is transferred to Airports Authority of India
and the airport can be expanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling