Par panel asks govt to get land transferred for Goa airport
New Delhi: A Parliamentary Committee has
asked the Civil Aviation Ministry to expeditiously get the
land transferred for the expansion of Dabolim airport in Goa.
The Committee on Petitions was hearing Goan MP
Sardinha Francisco`s request on expansion and renovation of
It said it was "constrained" to know that the
ownership dispute between Goa and Navy over a piece of 2.52
acres of land was still unresolved.
The report also observed that there was lack of
"concerted and co-ordinated" efforts on part of all the
authorities concerned with the case.
The Committee said being the nodal agency, the Civil
Aviation Ministry should "pursue the matter vigorously" and in
right earnest with all the concerned authorities so that the
requisite land is transferred to Airports Authority of India
and the airport can be expanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them