Paramilitary kitchens hit by LPG cap; approach MHA
New Delhi: The kitchens which serve eight lakh paramilitary personnel are reeling under the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders and the forces have now turned to the Home Ministry for relief.
Hit hard by the new norms of the Petroleum and Natural Gas ministry, the chiefs of forces like BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSB and NSG have approached the Home Ministry seeking its intervention.
"The kitchens of paramilitary forces have been hit hard by the new cap on subsidised cylinders. There are occasions when we had to curtail some of our functions due to constraints in usage of gas cylinders," a senior official said.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has assured the forces of help.
"I will talk to the people concerned in this regard and even to my counterpart in the PNG ministry. We will look if some enhanced subsidy could be given or the ration money of the forces could be increased," Shinde told PTI.
The forces say that their `rasois` (kitchens) spread across various locations in the country can only get nine subsidised domestic cylinders a month under the new norms which is not sufficient as they cater to a formation ranging from a company (100 personnel) to a battalion (1,000 personnel).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video