Paresh Baruah maybe in China or Myanmar: GoC
Tezpur: ULFA anti-talk faction`s elusive
self-styled `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah could be
camping either in China or Myanmar but was not in Assam,
Gajraj Corps GoC Lt Gen Shakti Gurung said on Saturday.
"There is no definite information about the present
location of Paresh Baruah. He could possibly be camping either
in China or Myanmar. But he is not in Assam", Lt Gen Gurung
told reporters on the sidelines of a militant surrender
He also said, "We are observing the activities of the
ULFA militants who threaten to strike at soft targets before
the Republic Day celebrations".
The Gajraj Corps is in charge of the Unified Command
Structure operations against the ULFA in Assam.
Thirtytwo anti-talk NDFB and one ULFA militant
surrendered before the GoG at the Nehru Maidan here in
presence of senior army, civil and police officials at a `home
coming` function organised by the army.
The ultras, including an NDFB woman cadre, laid down
three 7.62 mm AK series assault rifles, 24 pistols, nine hand
grenades along with a huge quantity of explosives and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu