Paresh Baruah maybe in China or Myanmar: GoC
Tezpur: ULFA anti-talk faction`s elusive
self-styled `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah could be
camping either in China or Myanmar but was not in Assam,
Gajraj Corps GoC Lt Gen Shakti Gurung said on Saturday.
"There is no definite information about the present
location of Paresh Baruah. He could possibly be camping either
in China or Myanmar. But he is not in Assam", Lt Gen Gurung
told reporters on the sidelines of a militant surrender
He also said, "We are observing the activities of the
ULFA militants who threaten to strike at soft targets before
the Republic Day celebrations".
The Gajraj Corps is in charge of the Unified Command
Structure operations against the ULFA in Assam.
Thirtytwo anti-talk NDFB and one ULFA militant
surrendered before the GoG at the Nehru Maidan here in
presence of senior army, civil and police officials at a `home
coming` function organised by the army.
The ultras, including an NDFB woman cadre, laid down
three 7.62 mm AK series assault rifles, 24 pistols, nine hand
grenades along with a huge quantity of explosives and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui