Paresh Baruah maybe in China or Myanmar: GoC
Tezpur: ULFA anti-talk faction`s elusive
self-styled `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah could be
camping either in China or Myanmar but was not in Assam,
Gajraj Corps GoC Lt Gen Shakti Gurung said on Saturday.
"There is no definite information about the present
location of Paresh Baruah. He could possibly be camping either
in China or Myanmar. But he is not in Assam", Lt Gen Gurung
told reporters on the sidelines of a militant surrender
He also said, "We are observing the activities of the
ULFA militants who threaten to strike at soft targets before
the Republic Day celebrations".
The Gajraj Corps is in charge of the Unified Command
Structure operations against the ULFA in Assam.
Thirtytwo anti-talk NDFB and one ULFA militant
surrendered before the GoG at the Nehru Maidan here in
presence of senior army, civil and police officials at a `home
coming` function organised by the army.
The ultras, including an NDFB woman cadre, laid down
three 7.62 mm AK series assault rifles, 24 pistols, nine hand
grenades along with a huge quantity of explosives and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing