Paresh Barua`s Facebook account fake
Guwahati: The Facebook account of ULFA
anti-talk faction `commander-in-chief` Paresh Barua is a fake,
the outfit`s publicity wing leader Joy Asom said on Monday.
``The ULFA has a strict organisational policy of not
allowing any leader or cadre to open and maintain accounts in
any social networking site,`` Asom said in a statement
e-mailed to the media.
``We have found it through our investigations that it
has been created by a Bangalore-based Assamese Bikash Kumar
Das, a retired Indian Air force officer and we suspect the hand
of intelligence agencies behind this,`` he said.
It had also come to the outfit`s notice that Das had
claimed that he was close to Barua which was `absolutely
false` and had no connection with him or any of its other
members, Asom added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren