Parl board will decide on PM candidate: Rajnath
New Delhi: Only the parliamentary board of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would decide on the prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh said Wednesday as speculation continued over the issue.
"I have already said, it will be decided by the party... who will be chief ministerial candidate, or who would be prime ministerial candidate, it is decided in a proper forum, which is the parliamentary board," Rajnath Singh said.
"Parliamentary board will only decide on that," he added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as a strong contender for the top post from the party, even as BJP keeps quiet on the issue.
BJP`s veteran leader Yashwant Singh has endorsed Modi as the best prime ministerial candidate of the party. He has been backed by suspended party leader Ram Jethmalani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections