Parl board will decide on PM candidate: Rajnath
New Delhi: Only the parliamentary board of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would decide on the prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh said Wednesday as speculation continued over the issue.
"I have already said, it will be decided by the party... who will be chief ministerial candidate, or who would be prime ministerial candidate, it is decided in a proper forum, which is the parliamentary board," Rajnath Singh said.
"Parliamentary board will only decide on that," he added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as a strong contender for the top post from the party, even as BJP keeps quiet on the issue.
BJP`s veteran leader Yashwant Singh has endorsed Modi as the best prime ministerial candidate of the party. He has been backed by suspended party leader Ram Jethmalani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?