Parl board will decide on PM candidate: Rajnath
New Delhi: Only the parliamentary board of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would decide on the prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh said Wednesday as speculation continued over the issue.
"I have already said, it will be decided by the party... who will be chief ministerial candidate, or who would be prime ministerial candidate, it is decided in a proper forum, which is the parliamentary board," Rajnath Singh said.
"Parliamentary board will only decide on that," he added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as a strong contender for the top post from the party, even as BJP keeps quiet on the issue.
BJP`s veteran leader Yashwant Singh has endorsed Modi as the best prime ministerial candidate of the party. He has been backed by suspended party leader Ram Jethmalani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban