Parl board will decide on PM candidate: Rajnath
New Delhi: Only the parliamentary board of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would decide on the prime ministerial candidate, party president Rajnath Singh said Wednesday as speculation continued over the issue.
"I have already said, it will be decided by the party... who will be chief ministerial candidate, or who would be prime ministerial candidate, it is decided in a proper forum, which is the parliamentary board," Rajnath Singh said.
"Parliamentary board will only decide on that," he added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as a strong contender for the top post from the party, even as BJP keeps quiet on the issue.
BJP`s veteran leader Yashwant Singh has endorsed Modi as the best prime ministerial candidate of the party. He has been backed by suspended party leader Ram Jethmalani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match