‘Parl committee to complete work on Lokpal Bill’
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee going into the Lokpal Bill will complete its work
"soon", its chairman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said on Sunday.
"The speed and the direction of the committee are nothing
short of a miracle. We are hoping to complete our work soon
and fast but it is unfair to suggest timelines and
deadlines," Singhvi said.
The committee has been given three months time till
December seven to prepare its report.
The committee, however, was not in operation for almost a
month as the term of the earlier committee ended and
reconstitution took time.
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read