‘Parl committee to complete work on Lokpal Bill’
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing
Committee going into the Lokpal Bill will complete its work
"soon", its chairman Abhishek Manu Singhvi said on Sunday.
"The speed and the direction of the committee are nothing
short of a miracle. We are hoping to complete our work soon
and fast but it is unfair to suggest timelines and
deadlines," Singhvi said.
The committee has been given three months time till
December seven to prepare its report.
The committee, however, was not in operation for almost a
month as the term of the earlier committee ended and
reconstitution took time.
Team Anna had first appeared before the committee in
August this year after Anna Hazare`s 13-day fast that month
demanding that the Jan Lokpal Bill be passed in the Monsoon
Session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted