Parl nod sought for Rs 669-cr ex-gratia to Bhopal victims
New Delhi: The Government today sought the
Parliament`s nod for providing Rs 669-crore ex-gratia to
victims of the Bhopal gas tragedy.
The Supplementary Demands for Grants for this fiscal,
which was tabled in Parliament, said this amount would be paid
Earlier, the Cabinet had announced a Rs 1,265.56-crore
package for Bhopal gas victims. It had decided that an
ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh would be given to the kin of each
person killed in the tragedy, Rs 5 lakh to those who had
suffered permanent disability, Rs 2 lakh each to those who
suffered cancer and total renal failure and Rs 1 lakh to those
with temporary disability.
The ex-gratia would benefit 45,000 affected persons, and
the amount would be paid after adjusting it against the
compensation already paid.
The government also announced various packages for
remediation, rehabilitation and other measures, taking the
total amount spent to Rs 1,265.56 crore.
Payment of ex-gratia was part of the recommendations made
by a Group of Ministers, headed by Home Minister P
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here