Parl panel summons Home Secy, Police chief
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs has summoned Union Home Secretary RK Singh and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar to discuss atrocities against women and the law and order situation in the national capital, sources said on Friday.
The summons for December 27 came amid growing protests across the country over the gang-rape and torture of a young woman, who is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
According to sources, on December 27 the panel "will hear the Home Secretary along with Delhi Commissioner of Police on growing atrocities against women and the general law and order situation in Delhi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days