Parl panel summons Home Secy, Police chief
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs has summoned Union Home Secretary RK Singh and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar to discuss atrocities against women and the law and order situation in the national capital, sources said on Friday.
The summons for December 27 came amid growing protests across the country over the gang-rape and torture of a young woman, who is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
According to sources, on December 27 the panel "will hear the Home Secretary along with Delhi Commissioner of Police on growing atrocities against women and the general law and order situation in Delhi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani