Parl panel summons Home Secy, Police chief
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs has summoned Union Home Secretary RK Singh and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar to discuss atrocities against women and the law and order situation in the national capital, sources said on Friday.
The summons for December 27 came amid growing protests across the country over the gang-rape and torture of a young woman, who is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
According to sources, on December 27 the panel "will hear the Home Secretary along with Delhi Commissioner of Police on growing atrocities against women and the general law and order situation in Delhi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands