Parl panel summons Home Secy, Police chief
New Delhi: The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs has summoned Union Home Secretary RK Singh and Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar to discuss atrocities against women and the law and order situation in the national capital, sources said on Friday.
The summons for December 27 came amid growing protests across the country over the gang-rape and torture of a young woman, who is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
According to sources, on December 27 the panel "will hear the Home Secretary along with Delhi Commissioner of Police on growing atrocities against women and the general law and order situation in Delhi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!