Parl panel to submit report on ponzi schemes in Mo
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel looking into chit funds and ponzi schemes in the backdrop of Saradha scam in West Bengal, will give its recommendations on preventing recurrence of such incidents to Parliament in the forthcoming Monsoon session.
"We have completed deliberations on the ponzi schemes and will submit our recommendations to Parliament in the next Monsoon session," a member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance said after the meeting.
The panel heard the views of the SEBI Chairman UK Sinha on various measures required to check misuse collective investment schemes by unscrupulous businessmen.
Besides Sinha, a delegation of All India Chit Fund Association represented its point of view before the committee which is headed by the former finance minister and senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha.
The panel had also begun examining the issue in presence of top officials of finance ministry and corporate affairs ministry and representatives of SEBI, RBI, Enforcement Directorate and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on May 17.
It had also asked the Finance Ministry to submit a written reply to the various concerns raised by the member of the committee.
The panel also heard separately, RBI Governor D Subbarao, last Friday on the various issues related to the ponzi schemes.
Some of the Members of the committee had earlier pressed for a blanket ban on investment schemes promising unreasonable returns and demanded enactment of a law to have a single regulator to deal with all kinds of chit funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'