Parliament adjourned after paying tribute to Gujral
New Delhi: Both houses of Parliament were adjourned for the day on Monday after paying tributes to former prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral, who died November 30.
Members of both houses paid tributes to Gujral, who breathed his last at a private hospital in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was 92.
He was cremated Dec 1 in Delhi with full state honours in the presence of the country`s top leadership, including President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He is survived by two sons, Naresh and Vishal, and brother Satish Gujral, a prominent painter and architect. His wife Sheila died in 2011.
Smriti Sthal, where the cremation took place, is located between Jawaharlal Nehru`s `samadhi` Shanti Van and Lal Bahadur Shastri`s `samadhi` Vijay Ghat on the bank fo the Yamuna river in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!