Parliament adjourned after tributes to Deshmukh
New Delhi: Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned on Thursday after paying tributes to Union minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who passed away on Tuesday.
Deshmukh, 67, died at a Chennai hospital after prolonged illness. He was given a state funeral at his home village Babhalgaon, in Latur district of Maharashtra, on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Myanmar holds unique position in India's neighbourhood, says PM Narendra Modi
- Bangladesh's Tamim Iqbal out for a month with fractured finger, to miss ODI series vs Afghanistan
- GST will make consumer goods cheaper, boost jobs: CBEC
- Bangladesh to host first ODI series against Afghanistan
- PM Narendra Modi hand in glove with power discoms: Arvind Kejriwal