Parliament adjourned after tributes to Deshmukh
New Delhi: Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned on Thursday after paying tributes to Union minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who passed away on Tuesday.
Deshmukh, 67, died at a Chennai hospital after prolonged illness. He was given a state funeral at his home village Babhalgaon, in Latur district of Maharashtra, on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY