Parliament adjourned after tributes to Deshmukh
New Delhi: Both Houses of Parliament were adjourned on Thursday after paying tributes to Union minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who passed away on Tuesday.
Deshmukh, 67, died at a Chennai hospital after prolonged illness. He was given a state funeral at his home village Babhalgaon, in Latur district of Maharashtra, on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi