Parliament adjourned for the day
New Delhi: After opposition ruckus over various issues again distrupted the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha on Friday, both the houses were adjourned for the day.
In both the houses, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members raised the issue of coal blocks and 2G spectrum allocations.
The main opposition party also raised the issue of an affidavit filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation on the alleged government interference in the status report on its coal blocks probe.
Samajwadi Party (SP) members raised the issue of their leader and Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan being "insulted" at an airport in the US.
Azam Khan, who is accompanying Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for a presentation at Harvard University on the management of millions of Kumbh Mela pilgrims, was detained for about 10 minutes at Boston Logan International Airport Wednesday.
Both houses lost the crucial question hour and were first adjourned till noon within minutes after meeting at 11 am.
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day soon after it met at noon.
Resuming sitting at 12 noon, the Rajya Sabha witnessed disruptions again, forcing Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien to adjourn the house till 2.30 pm. The upper house was finally adjourned for the day when it met at 2.30 pm.
The two houses did not transact any business except the routine laying of papers, which took place amidst ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what