Parliament adjourned over alleged misuse of CBI
New Delhi: Disruptions returned to Parliament on the penultimate day of the Monsoon Session on Monday as opposition members forced adjournments of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha over the alleged misuse of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) by the government.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members demanded discussion on the issue amid noisy protests. When Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar rejected the demand, the protesting MPs trooped towards her podium raising slogans.
The Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
The Rajya Sabha was also disrupted over the same issue.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament ends on Tuesday. It was extended by two days because many business hours were lost due to frequent disruptions in the first week of the session that started July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site