Parliament adjourned over alleged misuse of CBI
New Delhi: Disruptions returned to Parliament on the penultimate day of the Monsoon Session on Monday as opposition members forced adjournments of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha over the alleged misuse of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) by the government.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members demanded discussion on the issue amid noisy protests. When Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar rejected the demand, the protesting MPs trooped towards her podium raising slogans.
The Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
The Rajya Sabha was also disrupted over the same issue.
The Monsoon Session of Parliament ends on Tuesday. It was extended by two days because many business hours were lost due to frequent disruptions in the first week of the session that started July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH