Parliament adjourned over JPC demand
New Delhi: As has been the norm this winter session, both Houses of Parliament were again adjourned on Thursday over the Opposition`s demand for a joint parliamentary committee (JPC) probe into the 2G spectrum allotment of 2008.
Proceedings in the Lok Sabha began with Speaker Meira Kumar welcoming a delegation from Mongolia.
As soon as she asked the house to take up the Question hour, Opposition members rushed towards the Speaker`s podium demanding a JPC. The Speaker urged them to let Question hour to proceed but the members kept shouting "We want JPC!" She then adjourned the House till noon.
After the House resumed its sitting at noon, Opposition members kept pressing their demand. Papers were laid on the table of the house amid din after which it was adjourned till Friday.
In the Rajya Sabha too, Opposition members vociferously demanded that the government set up a JPC. The house was first adjourned till noon and later for the day.
The proceedings in the Lok Sabha has been successively adjourned since Nov 10, a day after the Winter session of Parliament began. The Rajya Sabha has also seen such adjournments since Nov 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3