Parliament adjourned over UP deaths, Telangana
New Delhi: Both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha were repeatedly disrupted on Monday over children`s deaths in Uttar Pradesh relief camps and the proposed Telangana state, and were adjourned till on Tuesday.
In both the houses, members from the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) raised the issue of children`s deaths in relief camps housing victims of the Muzzaffarnagar riots in Uttar Pradesh.
In the Lok Sabha, BSP members trooped near the speaker`s podium and raised slogans demanding the dismissal of the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh.
The SP members also rose to protest and counter the BSP`s demand.
Members of the Telugu Desam Party, meanwhile, raised slogans, shouting "Save Andhra Pradesh", as the state is to be bifurcated to form a separate Telangana.
The lower house was adjourned first till 12 noon and then again till 2 pm, and finally for the day, after it adopted the controversial Joint Parliamentary Committee report on the 2G spectrum scam. The report held former telecom minister A Raja of the DMK guilty of the scam, and the angered members of the DMK walked out in protest.
The Rajya Sabha witnessed similar scenes. Soon after obituary and other references, BSP members in the upper house created a pandemonium on the issue of deaths of children in Muzaffarnagar`s relief camps.
"Fifty children have died. The Uttar Pradesh government is a killer government. They killed these children," BSP leader Satish Mishra said.
Telugu Desam Party members also joinedc the slogan shoutng, forcing Rajya Sabha Chairman M Hamid Ansari to adjourn the house first till 12 noon and then till 2 pm, and finally for the day.
With this, both houses have been adjourned for the first two days of this winter session that began Dec 5 without transacting any business.
The houses adjourned after customary obituary references on the first day, Dec 5. The next day, the houses again adjourned after paying tributes to former South African president and Bharat Ratna Nelson Mandela, who died the previous night.
The Winter session is scheduled to end Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies