Parliament adjourned till April 22
New Delhi: The first phase of the Budget Session of Parliament came to a close on Friday with the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha adjourned the proceedings of the Houses till April 22.
As soon as the House met for the day, the DMK and AIADMK members were back in the Well raising slogans against the government for its alleged betrayal of Sri Lankan Tamils at the UN Human Rights Council.
Some Congress members were also seen waving placards against police atrocities against pro-Telangana activists in Andhra Pradesh.
Amid protests, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house till noon. When the house met again, the commotion continued and the house was finally adjourned till April 22.
Similar scenes were witnessed in the Rajya Sabha.
The Session has a heavy legislative agenda, including getting Parliament nod to around 71 bills to be passed in this Budget Session.
All have now been put on hold till April 22, when the Budget Session of the Parliament resumes.
The first half of the Budget Session of the Parliament was stormy with Opposition strongly raising issues like corruption and inflation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet