Parliament adjourned till noon after Oppn ruckus
New Delhi: Opposition members on Friday forced adjournment of Parliament till noon by demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with alleged scam in allocation of coal blocks.
Members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stormed the Well in both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha as soon as Question Hour was taken up.
In the Lok Sabha, Akali Dal members were also in the Well demanding a Supreme Court-monitored Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe into the `1984 genocide`. Members of the TDP and the BJP were also seen on their feet carrying placards in support of the Akali Dal demand.
BJP members rushed to the Well raising slogans against the government and demanding resignation of the Prime Minister.
Earlier, Speaker Meira Kumar read out an obituary reference to the passing away of Krishna Kumar Goyal, a member of the sixth and seventh Lok Sabha.
She tried to carry on with the Question Hour but as members were unrelenting, the House was adjourned till noon.
In the Rajya Sabha, similar scenes were witnessed with slogan shouting BJP members trooping into the Well as soon as Chairman Hamid Ansari took his seat. Despite din, Ansari took up the first question and asked BJP members to go back to their seats.
"Pradahan Mantri Istifa do", they kept shouting ignoring the Chair`s request to let the Question Hour run. Amid uproar, Ansari adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader