Parliament adjourned till noon after Oppn ruckus
New Delhi: Opposition members on Friday forced adjournment of Parliament till noon by demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with alleged scam in allocation of coal blocks.
Members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stormed the Well in both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha as soon as Question Hour was taken up.
In the Lok Sabha, Akali Dal members were also in the Well demanding a Supreme Court-monitored Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe into the `1984 genocide`. Members of the TDP and the BJP were also seen on their feet carrying placards in support of the Akali Dal demand.
BJP members rushed to the Well raising slogans against the government and demanding resignation of the Prime Minister.
Earlier, Speaker Meira Kumar read out an obituary reference to the passing away of Krishna Kumar Goyal, a member of the sixth and seventh Lok Sabha.
She tried to carry on with the Question Hour but as members were unrelenting, the House was adjourned till noon.
In the Rajya Sabha, similar scenes were witnessed with slogan shouting BJP members trooping into the Well as soon as Chairman Hamid Ansari took his seat. Despite din, Ansari took up the first question and asked BJP members to go back to their seats.
"Pradahan Mantri Istifa do", they kept shouting ignoring the Chair`s request to let the Question Hour run. Amid uproar, Ansari adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi