Parliament adjourned till noon after Oppn uproar
New Delhi: Parliament was adjourned on Thursday as members belonging to various parties created uproar over issues like Telangana statehood, Setusamudram project, Cauvery Water dispute and drought-like situation in Karnataka.
As soon as the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha met for the
day, Congress, BJP, TRS, TDP and Shiv Sena members raised
these issues forcefully. The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon
and the Rajya Sabha for 15 minutes and then till noon.
Soon after an obituary reference in the Lok Sabha, members
from different parties walked into the Well to raise their
TRS and some Congress members from Andhra Pradesh held
placards and raised slogans demanding formation of Telangana
state. The placards read, "Indecision causing innocent deaths"
and "Introduce Telangana Bill, Jai Telangana".
Some members also raised the Setusamudram issue and
demanded that the project be implemented.
BJP members from Karnataka held placards demanding
"Justice for Karnataka in Cauvery river Water Dispute". They,
however, stood outside the Well and raised slogans. The party
is pressing for a relief package for the drought-like
conditions in the state.
BJP had given a notice for suspension of the Question Hour
on the issue.
Earlier, these MPs staged a protest before Mahatma Gandhi
statue outside Parliament House.
Shiv Sena members, along with some BJP MPs from
Maharashtra, demanded that the Rs 2,606 crore package for
Vidarbha be implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range