Parliament adjourned till noon after Oppn uproar
New Delhi: Parliament was adjourned on Thursday as members belonging to various parties created uproar over issues like Telangana statehood, Setusamudram project, Cauvery Water dispute and drought-like situation in Karnataka.
As soon as the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha met for the
day, Congress, BJP, TRS, TDP and Shiv Sena members raised
these issues forcefully. The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon
and the Rajya Sabha for 15 minutes and then till noon.
Soon after an obituary reference in the Lok Sabha, members
from different parties walked into the Well to raise their
TRS and some Congress members from Andhra Pradesh held
placards and raised slogans demanding formation of Telangana
state. The placards read, "Indecision causing innocent deaths"
and "Introduce Telangana Bill, Jai Telangana".
Some members also raised the Setusamudram issue and
demanded that the project be implemented.
BJP members from Karnataka held placards demanding
"Justice for Karnataka in Cauvery river Water Dispute". They,
however, stood outside the Well and raised slogans. The party
is pressing for a relief package for the drought-like
conditions in the state.
BJP had given a notice for suspension of the Question Hour
on the issue.
Earlier, these MPs staged a protest before Mahatma Gandhi
statue outside Parliament House.
Shiv Sena members, along with some BJP MPs from
Maharashtra, demanded that the Rs 2,606 crore package for
Vidarbha be implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27