Parliament adjourned till noon
New Delhi: Both houses of the parliament were Wednesday adjourned till noon following an uproar by opposition members who demanded action against BJP MPs for their alleged misbehaviour. The protests were also against the railway budget.
As the question hour began in the Lok Sabha, members of the Trinamool Congress shouted slogans and disrupted the proceedings of the house.
Amid the din, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan adjourned the house till noon.
The Rajya Sabha also saw protests by opposition members, which forced Chairman M. Hamid Ansari to adjourn the house till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan