Parliament adjourned till noon
New Delhi: Both houses of the parliament were Wednesday adjourned till noon following an uproar by opposition members who demanded action against BJP MPs for their alleged misbehaviour. The protests were also against the railway budget.
As the question hour began in the Lok Sabha, members of the Trinamool Congress shouted slogans and disrupted the proceedings of the house.
Amid the din, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan adjourned the house till noon.
The Rajya Sabha also saw protests by opposition members, which forced Chairman M. Hamid Ansari to adjourn the house till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?