Parliament adjourned twice after uproar
New Delhi: Parliament remained paralysed on Tuesday as BJP was unrelenting on its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and ministers PK Bansal and Ashwani Kumar over alleged scam in top railway appointments and coal block allocation.
Opposition members rushed to the Well in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha raising slogans against the Prime Minister and Railway and Law Ministers leading to adjournment of the two Houses twice before lunch.
As soon as the Lok Sabha reassembled at noon after one adjournment, the House plunged into turmoil with members of BJP, SP, SAD, BJD and Left parties trooping into the Well.
Congress leader Fransisco Sardinha, who was in the Chair, ordered papers to be laid amidst continued slogan-shouting by members and then adjourned the House till 1 pm. No other business could be transacted.
BJP and Left parties raised slogans seeking resignation of the Railway Minister and the Law Minister for their alleged role in the cash-for-railway jobs issue and dilution of CBI report respectively. BJP members also raised slogans against the government`s bid to push through the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha without a proper discussion.
While Akali Dal members raised placards protesting the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, SP members demanded implementation of Sachar Committee recommendations for welfare of religious minorities.
After the House was adjourned, top leaders of BJP, CPI(M) and some other parties were seen huddled together in some serious discussion. Even Trinamool Congress leader Sougata Roy was seen talking to BJP leaders.
However, it could not be known what was being discussed.
Earlier, when the House met for the day, uproarious scenes were witnessed soon after Speaker Meira Kumar read out the obituary reference to former member Chandramani Tripathi. She was forced to give a go bye to the Question Hour and adjourn the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH