Parliament adjourned twice after uproar
New Delhi: Parliament remained paralysed on Tuesday as BJP was unrelenting on its demand for resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and ministers PK Bansal and Ashwani Kumar over alleged scam in top railway appointments and coal block allocation.
Opposition members rushed to the Well in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha raising slogans against the Prime Minister and Railway and Law Ministers leading to adjournment of the two Houses twice before lunch.
As soon as the Lok Sabha reassembled at noon after one adjournment, the House plunged into turmoil with members of BJP, SP, SAD, BJD and Left parties trooping into the Well.
Congress leader Fransisco Sardinha, who was in the Chair, ordered papers to be laid amidst continued slogan-shouting by members and then adjourned the House till 1 pm. No other business could be transacted.
BJP and Left parties raised slogans seeking resignation of the Railway Minister and the Law Minister for their alleged role in the cash-for-railway jobs issue and dilution of CBI report respectively. BJP members also raised slogans against the government`s bid to push through the National Food Security Bill in the Lok Sabha without a proper discussion.
While Akali Dal members raised placards protesting the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, SP members demanded implementation of Sachar Committee recommendations for welfare of religious minorities.
After the House was adjourned, top leaders of BJP, CPI(M) and some other parties were seen huddled together in some serious discussion. Even Trinamool Congress leader Sougata Roy was seen talking to BJP leaders.
However, it could not be known what was being discussed.
Earlier, when the House met for the day, uproarious scenes were witnessed soon after Speaker Meira Kumar read out the obituary reference to former member Chandramani Tripathi. She was forced to give a go bye to the Question Hour and adjourn the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof