Parliament impasse on coal block: Govt reaches out to BJP
New Delhi: Government on Friday reached out to the Opposition to end the impasse in Parliament over the coal block allocation issue but the BJP remained firm on its stand that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign for his alleged complicity in the case.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal talked to Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj in the House soon after it was adjourned.
They requested her to allow the House to function and assured her that the government is ready to debate the coal allocation issue.
Swaraj stuck to her party demand that the PM should resign. She was accompanied by Deputy Leader of BJP in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde and spokesperson and MP Shahnawaz Hussain. BJP did not budge from its stated position, sources said.
Later, BJP leaders LK Advani, Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Hussain and Munde held a meeting. The party will continue to force adjournments till the government agrees to its demand, sources said.
Asked about his meeting with Swaraj, Shinde said, "I am talking to everybody. To (Leader of Opposition) Sushma Swaraj and other allies too. An effort is on to have a discussion and through it we can resolve this deadlock. We and the Prime Minister are saying this repeatedly that through a discussion we can resolve this issue".
He also said that the government is not worried about the Opposition`s attempts to woo UPA allies to their side on the coal allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'