Parliament impasse: Speaker calls all party meet
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will meet leaders of all political parties on Tuesday in an effort to resolve the stand-off in Parliament over the Opposition demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G scam.
Talking to reporters here, Kumar said: "I have called a meeting. Let me see what happens. I will be trying and making an effort."
Asked whether she was hopeful of ending the stalemate in Parliament, she said, "Well, yes I am".
The Winter Session of Parliament began on November 9 and has witnessed repeated adjournments over the opposition`s insistence for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G scam, even after A Raja resigned as Communications and IT Minister.
Ruling members were also seen derailing the proceedings in Parliament on Karnataka Chief Minister, BS Yeddyurappa for his alleged involvement in the land allotment to his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore