Parliament is for discussion, not disruption: Dasgupta
New Delhi: With the opposition paralysing
both Houses of Parliament demanding a JPC probe into alleged "large scale corruption and scams", CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta Wednesday had a word of caution for Parliamentarians.
"Parliament is for parliamentary business and the
Houses should run. There is always a feeling among people
that MPs are increasing their salaries but not doing their
work. People outside do not like to see it happening
frequently," Dasgupta said.
He said that Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha should not be disrupted as "they are for discussion and not disruption".
"All the issues should be discussed in the House. If
Government does not agree for discussion, then of course there
can be some deferment (of the business). But then Parliament
is not the only forum for political struggle. There can be
movements outside Parliament as well," Dasgupta said.
His reaction came after both the Houses were adjourned with the BJP-led opposition rocking Parliament over the issue
of corruption in Commonwealth Games, telecom 2-G spectrum and
Adarsh Housing Society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him