Parliament paralysed for second day
New Delhi: Parliament was paralysed for the second day on Tuesday with members raising a host of issues ranging from demand for President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh over "deteriorating" law and order to the plight of ethnic Tamils in Sri Lanka.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha could not transact any business because of the continuous uproar.
Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day at noon after one adjournment, while Rajya Sabha witnessed two adjournments till 2 PM when it was adjourned for the day.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day, BSP, SP, Left and AIADMK members stormed the Well over issues including law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the killing of a DSP, over which BSP and SP members shouted slogans against each other.
Tamil MPs raised the issue of plight of Sri Lankan Tamils. DMK members were in black shirt to register their protest while AIADMK MPs raised slogans carrying placards saying "Save Tamils in Sri Lanka".
Other issues that disrupted the proceedings in the Lower House included the rape of a tribal woman in West Bengal and beating up of a woman by police in Punjab. The issue of MNS activists thrashing North Indians in Maharashtra was also raised in the Upper House.
Members from Left parties raised slogans against Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal over the law and order situation and the rape of a tribal woman in the state. They held placards saying "West Bengal is unsafe for women".
Rajya Sabha witnessed repeated adjournments over the Uttar Pradesh issue with BSP aggressively raising the killing of the DSP by a mob on Saturday and a minister resigning after he was named by the victim`s widow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog