Parliament paralysed for second day
New Delhi: Parliament was paralysed for the second day on Tuesday with members raising a host of issues ranging from demand for President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh over "deteriorating" law and order to the plight of ethnic Tamils in Sri Lanka.
Both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha could not transact any business because of the continuous uproar.
Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day at noon after one adjournment, while Rajya Sabha witnessed two adjournments till 2 PM when it was adjourned for the day.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day, BSP, SP, Left and AIADMK members stormed the Well over issues including law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the killing of a DSP, over which BSP and SP members shouted slogans against each other.
Tamil MPs raised the issue of plight of Sri Lankan Tamils. DMK members were in black shirt to register their protest while AIADMK MPs raised slogans carrying placards saying "Save Tamils in Sri Lanka".
Other issues that disrupted the proceedings in the Lower House included the rape of a tribal woman in West Bengal and beating up of a woman by police in Punjab. The issue of MNS activists thrashing North Indians in Maharashtra was also raised in the Upper House.
Members from Left parties raised slogans against Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal over the law and order situation and the rape of a tribal woman in the state. They held placards saying "West Bengal is unsafe for women".
Rajya Sabha witnessed repeated adjournments over the Uttar Pradesh issue with BSP aggressively raising the killing of the DSP by a mob on Saturday and a minister resigning after he was named by the victim`s widow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof