Parliament session: BJP to raise chopper deal, Shinde`s remarks
New Delhi: The upcoming Budget Session of Parliament is set to be stormy with BJP on Monday announcing that it would raise issues like the VVIP chopper deal and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks on saffron terror.
BJP leaders will also hold a protest march on Wednesday in the capital on Shinde`s remarks against RSS and BJP on the terror issue.
The BJP core committee, at a meeting chaired by President Rajnath Singh on Monday, discussed the party`s strategy for the Budget Session, BJP spokesman Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
The committee also discussed matters to be deliberated at party`s National Executive and National Council meetings scheduled to be held at Talkatora Stadium here between March 1-3, he said.
The March 1-3 meetings, which the party said would be attended by nearly 4,000 delegates, are also expected to put a formal stamp of approval on the election of Rajnath Singh as the BJP chief.
The BJP Parliamentary Party will be meeting tomorrow to finalise its strategy for the three-month long Budget Session beginning Thursday.
"BJP has taken serious note of Shinde`s remarks on saffron terror. We will take out protest march in Delhi on February 20," Prasad said.
The Opposition party is also expected to raise in the Upper House the allegation against Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien in a sexual assault case.
The Budget Session begins on Thursday with the address of President Pranab Mukherjee to a joint sitting of Parliament. The Railway Budget will be presented on February 26 and economic survey will be tabled the next day.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram will present the General Budget on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'