Parliament to discuss Motion of Thanks on President`s Address today
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will discuss the Motion of Thanks to President Pranab Mukherjee for his address in Parliament during the next two days, starting Tuesday.
Senior BJP leader and party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will initiate the discussion in Upper House on behalf of the ruling party. He will be followed by J P Nadda. Leader of the House and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will intervene in the debate.
Party general secretary and MP Rajiv Pratap Rudy will start the discussion in the Lok Sabha. He will be followed by Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will intervene.
There will be no Question Hour on both the days.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will reply to the discussion in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday evening at around 4 pm and after that in the Rajya Sabha the same day.
Modi is also expected to specific issues raised by the Opposition during the debate.
President Pranab Mukherjee had addressed a joint session of both houses of Parliament yesterday. The president had outlined the priorities and goals of the Modi government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest