Parliament to have 4-day holiday
New Delhi: Parliament, whose current Winter
session has been a virtual washout so far, will have a four-
day holiday from saturday.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will now meet on December 7
as Monday`s sitting has been canceled and Tuesday is Muharram.
The Houses do not sit on Saturdays and Sundays.
In view of the cancellation of Monday`s sitting, the
session has been extended by one more day and the two Houses
would now sit on December 22.
The session got off to a stormy start with members
raising a variety of issues including Government`s decision to
allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have not transacted any business
for the last nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire