Parliament to have 4-day holiday
New Delhi: Parliament, whose current Winter
session has been a virtual washout so far, will have a four-
day holiday from saturday.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will now meet on December 7
as Monday`s sitting has been canceled and Tuesday is Muharram.
The Houses do not sit on Saturdays and Sundays.
In view of the cancellation of Monday`s sitting, the
session has been extended by one more day and the two Houses
would now sit on December 22.
The session got off to a stormy start with members
raising a variety of issues including Government`s decision to
allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have not transacted any business
for the last nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption