Parliament to have 4-day holiday
New Delhi: Parliament, whose current Winter
session has been a virtual washout so far, will have a four-
day holiday from saturday.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will now meet on December 7
as Monday`s sitting has been canceled and Tuesday is Muharram.
The Houses do not sit on Saturdays and Sundays.
In view of the cancellation of Monday`s sitting, the
session has been extended by one more day and the two Houses
would now sit on December 22.
The session got off to a stormy start with members
raising a variety of issues including Government`s decision to
allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have not transacted any business
for the last nine days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists