Parliament to have 4-day holiday
New Delhi: Parliament, whose current Winter
session has been a virtual washout so far, will have a four-
day holiday from saturday.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will now meet on December 7
as Monday`s sitting has been canceled and Tuesday is Muharram.
The Houses do not sit on Saturdays and Sundays.
In view of the cancellation of Monday`s sitting, the
session has been extended by one more day and the two Houses
would now sit on December 22.
The session got off to a stormy start with members
raising a variety of issues including Government`s decision to
allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have not transacted any business
for the last nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February