Parliament to have 4-day holiday
New Delhi: Parliament, whose current Winter
session has been a virtual washout so far, will have a four-
day holiday from saturday.
The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will now meet on December 7
as Monday`s sitting has been canceled and Tuesday is Muharram.
The Houses do not sit on Saturdays and Sundays.
In view of the cancellation of Monday`s sitting, the
session has been extended by one more day and the two Houses
would now sit on December 22.
The session got off to a stormy start with members
raising a variety of issues including Government`s decision to
allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have not transacted any business
for the last nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter