Parliamentary panel to discuss 12th Plan document
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel will discuss the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document, which aims to raise annual average economic growth to 8.2 per cent from 7.9 per cent in the previous Plan.
This was decided at the first meeting of the reconstituted Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance here today.
The panel is headed by the senior BJP leader and former Finance Minister Yaswant Sinha.
"This was the first meeting of the panel after its constitution. We had general discussion. We would discuss the 12th Plan document in the next meeting," said a Committee member.
The 12th Plan document has been approved by the Union Cabinet and will now be placed before the National Development Council (NDC) for final approval.
The committee, according to the members, would endeavour to meet every Friday to clear the backlog of work including the bills which were referred to it for scrutiny by the Speaker.
Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, who was made a member of the reconstituted panel recently, attended the meeting. Earlier, he was a member of the Parliamentary panel on HRD.
The panel had already submitted its report on the Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2011, The Companies Bill, 2011, The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Bill, 2011, Current Economic Situation and Policy Options (in 2012).
It has also submitted its views on the Regulation of Factor (Assignment of Receivables) Bill, 2011, The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Bill, 2011, The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2008 , The National Identification Authority of India Bill, 2010 and The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
The reconstituted panel will also deliberate on the Good and Service Tax matter and submit its report on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report