Parliamentary panel to discuss 12th Plan document
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel will discuss the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document, which aims to raise annual average economic growth to 8.2 per cent from 7.9 per cent in the previous Plan.
This was decided at the first meeting of the reconstituted Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance here today.
The panel is headed by the senior BJP leader and former Finance Minister Yaswant Sinha.
"This was the first meeting of the panel after its constitution. We had general discussion. We would discuss the 12th Plan document in the next meeting," said a Committee member.
The 12th Plan document has been approved by the Union Cabinet and will now be placed before the National Development Council (NDC) for final approval.
The committee, according to the members, would endeavour to meet every Friday to clear the backlog of work including the bills which were referred to it for scrutiny by the Speaker.
Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, who was made a member of the reconstituted panel recently, attended the meeting. Earlier, he was a member of the Parliamentary panel on HRD.
The panel had already submitted its report on the Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2011, The Companies Bill, 2011, The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Bill, 2011, Current Economic Situation and Policy Options (in 2012).
It has also submitted its views on the Regulation of Factor (Assignment of Receivables) Bill, 2011, The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Bill, 2011, The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2008 , The National Identification Authority of India Bill, 2010 and The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
The reconstituted panel will also deliberate on the Good and Service Tax matter and submit its report on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees