Parliamentary panel to discuss 12th Plan document
New Delhi: A Parliamentary panel will discuss the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17) document, which aims to raise annual average economic growth to 8.2 per cent from 7.9 per cent in the previous Plan.
This was decided at the first meeting of the reconstituted Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance here today.
The panel is headed by the senior BJP leader and former Finance Minister Yaswant Sinha.
"This was the first meeting of the panel after its constitution. We had general discussion. We would discuss the 12th Plan document in the next meeting," said a Committee member.
The 12th Plan document has been approved by the Union Cabinet and will now be placed before the National Development Council (NDC) for final approval.
The committee, according to the members, would endeavour to meet every Friday to clear the backlog of work including the bills which were referred to it for scrutiny by the Speaker.
Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, who was made a member of the reconstituted panel recently, attended the meeting. Earlier, he was a member of the Parliamentary panel on HRD.
The panel had already submitted its report on the Prevention of Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2011, The Companies Bill, 2011, The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Bill, 2011, Current Economic Situation and Policy Options (in 2012).
It has also submitted its views on the Regulation of Factor (Assignment of Receivables) Bill, 2011, The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Bill, 2011, The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2008 , The National Identification Authority of India Bill, 2010 and The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2011.
The reconstituted panel will also deliberate on the Good and Service Tax matter and submit its report on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi