Parliament`s Winter Session to be held from Dec 5 to Dec 20
New Delhi: Winter Session of Parliament will be held from December 5 to December 20.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs (CCPA), chaired by Defence Minister A K Antony, here today.
The Winter Session is generally a month-long affair but this time it had been curtailed in view of Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Mizoram.
Polling in these states will end on December 4 and counting of votes is scheduled to take place on December 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory